Re: [newbie] WLAN and Graphic

On 2004-01-23, Piotr Skrzypek penned:

> Hello, i cam imagine, that this topic is very popular, but i cant find
>  anywhere some newbie`s information. I`ve just install Debin 30r2
> because  i didn`t want to hold illegal windows. My problem is that i
> can`t acces  internet (WLAN Planet WL8305) and to run some graphic
> interface (kde or  somthing else, nevermind). And i don`t know how,
> because in school they  teach only microsoft`s programs, and i can`t
> find any info by mysqlf  (even on google.com). Please help me.

I'm sure that other people on this list will be able to give you good
guidance.  It would help to know the name of your graphics card.  It
would also help a great deal if you would explain what steps you have
tried already.  How did you try to start the graphic interface?  What
messages did you get?  What internet applications are you trying to use,
and what do they report?

One thing you might try, just to find out if there are linux drivers for
your system, is the Knoppix CD at knoppix.org.  You can boot off of this
CD, and it will do its best to autodetect your system.  I've been amazed
at some of the stuff it's found!

Good luck.  Linux generally, and debian in particular, can be tough to
learn, but in the long run, it gives you much more control and is
extremely reliable.

--
monique