Re: [newbie] WLAN and Graphic

Hello

Piotr Skrzypek (<skrzypek@xl.wp.pl>) wrote:

> Hello, i cam imagine, that this topic is very popular, but i cant find
> anywhere some newbie`s information. I`ve just install Debin 30r2
> because i didn`t want to hold illegal windows. My problem is that i
> can`t acces internet (WLAN Planet WL8305) and to run some graphic
> interface (kde or somthing else, nevermind). And i don`t know how,
> because in school they teach only microsoft`s programs, and i can`t
> find any info by mysqlf (even on google.com). Please help me.

You should beginn with the installation manual. You can find it on
<http://www.debian.org/doc/>. If you want to get KDE, do

apt-get install x-window-system-core kde

To rerun the XFree configuration dialog later, run

dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86

If you still have problems, try to find your answers on
<http://groups.google.com>, there is an archive of this list
(linux.debian.user). There is also a polish debian user list. You can
find an overwiev on the debian-user mailing lists here:
<http://lists.debian.org/users.html>

If you have more questions, give us more information. If you can't get
XFree working, tell us what kind of graphic card you have.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

--
Andreas Janssen