Re: Internet Religion

On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 09:00:12PM +0000, Pigeon wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 09:01:47PM -0800, Day Brown wrote:
> > When you get right down to it, both Christianity and
> > Islam are dangerous cults.
>
> How can you claim that a religion which preaches love for one's fellow
> people is a dangerous cult? This is a tenet of both Christianity and Islam.

Of all the places that something like this could have come up right
now, debian-user would have been the last one I'd expect...

Whilst I wouldn't go so far as to say that Christianity and Islam are
nothing but dangerous cults, it is only recently that I've become
aware that many/most Christians believe that non-Christians are
automatically destined for hell.  Christianity does preach love for
one's fellow people as you say, but in my opinion that belief makes it
a very disturbing and possibly dangerous faith.

This is of course completely off-topic, but I'd be happy to continue
off-list if you're interested.

Sean