Re: ethernet not working right - SOLVED!

I reinstalled Debian tonight and now dhclient appears to be working.
I guess the problem was with how the ethernet driver was interacting
with the kernel.  I don't know exactly what I did differently because
a friend of mine helped me choose what drivers to include in the
kernel last time, but I suspect that I compiled some extra isdn
options which enabled it to work.  At any rate, thanx to anyone who
offered support.

Forest