Locales not supported on X server

Hi! When I try to start X programs on my Debian/testing installation, they
usually complain about that locales are not supported by X.

When I start Qt programs it says this:

Qt: Locales not supported on X server

GTK-programs says this

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by Xlib

And, in every KDE program all the glyphs are substituted with squares
instead, which I think usually happens when a program tries to display a
charachter which your system/font does not support. (I dont use KDE as my
desktop environmentm, I use just plain fluxbox, so I dont know if that
error would go away if I used KDE as the desktop environment)

Anyone have any ideas of what to do?