Re: Automatically setiting mtu

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 01:56:51AM +1100, glenn wrote:
> Firstly just because I used the tla MTU doesn't mean I undertand it, but
> I look after a box where I need to set it, and would like it done
> automatically.

The way to set a MTU is (assuming you have the iproute package
installed):

# ip l s eth0 mtu 6969

where `6969' is the desired new MTU, in octets.

You can set this in /etc/network/interfaces as a pre-up command, at
least.

HTH.
Jan.

--
Jan Minar                   "Please don't CC me, I'm subscribed." x 9