Re: Would Knoppix enable access to router?

On 19 Jan 2004, Jacob S. wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 13:49:01 +0000
> Anthony Campbell <ac@acampbell.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > After several days' work I'm still unable to connect to the setup web
> > page for my router. This may be because I need dhcp but I have had no
> > luck with this at all.
> >
> > Is it likely that Knoppix would allow this to work fairly painlessly?
>
> If it's really only a dhcp problem, most likely it would. On my dhcp
> enabled network I've never seen the Knoppix cd fail to successfully get
> an ip from the server and be ready for play. (Assuming it's able to
> recognize your network card, of course.)
>
> Oh, and my dhcp server is running Debian Woody, but I don't think that
> should matter.
>
> HTH,
> Jacob
>
> -----
> GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135
>
> Microsoft gives you Windows... Linux gives you the whole house.

Thanks for the quick response. I don't think the card should be a
problem since that is what is connecting me now to my ADSL modem. It
certainly seems worth a try so I've ordered the CD (should  be useful
anyway and it's not expensive).

Anthony

--
ac@acampbell.org.uk    ||  http://www.acampbell.org.uk
using Linux GNU/Debian ||  for book reviews, electronic