Re: viewing multi-page .tiff: how to in linux

Damon L. Chesser wrote:

Marc Wilson wrote:

On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 11:49:44PM +0000, Brian Potkin wrote:
You cannot print from within viewfax.  'lpr file.tif' should work.

Assuming that you're using some variety of printing support that
understands what to do when something like a binary file is tossed at it.

Not that I'm saying that's a bad idea.  But automagically assuming that
everyone has that kind of support... that IS a bad idea.

Perhaps Marc, but in my case it works.  That suprises me:  I have never
used the command line to issue a print job before, and I run cups going
to a print server.  Kfax is a better solution to both "seeing" the image
and then printing, but using viewfax will work to "see" and then lpr
file.tif WILL get it printed.  This is one of those where a gui is
better AFAIK and IMO, one stop shopping.

Sorry Libranet, wrong address, this was supposed to go to the Debian
user list.  Ooops :)

--
Damon L. Chesser
dchesser@bigfoot.com