Re: viewing multi-page .tiff: how to in linux

Brian Potkin wrote:

On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 10:01:37PM -0600, Damon L. Chesser wrote:

Stephen wrote:

On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 08:50:58PM -0600 or thereabouts, Damon L. Chesser wrote:

Anybody got any ideas how to view a multi-page .tiff file? The only thing I use windows for anymore is to view .tiff's I get from work and Linux does not (that I have found) have a way to view the other pages after page one.
Some of the unix image utilities should, or, your faxsoftware will have
this capability. Most multipage tiffs are faxes. Did you try GIMP?

Gimp only opens the first page, or I am ignorant on how to view other pages. I have no faxsoftware. Hmmmm. Will have to look into that.

Installing the mgetty-viewfax package takes only a minute or two and
gets you 'viewfax', which is capable of viewing multipage tiffs.  It
would be useful to know whether it works for you.

Brian.

I will look into it Brian! Prob. not today, I have a lot of housework my wife wants done :( Thanks for the help and I will let you know if it works or not!

--
Damon L. Chesser
dchesser@bigfoot.com