Re: viewing multi-page .tiff: how to in linux

Richard Lyons wrote:

On Sunday 18 January 2004 04:01, Damon L. Chesser wrote:
Stephen wrote:
On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 08:50:58PM -0600 or thereabouts, Damon L. Chesser
wrote:
Anybody got any ideas how to view a multi-page .tiff file?  The only
thing I use windows for anymore is to view .tiff's I get from work and
Linux does not (that I have found) have a way to view the other pages
after page one.
Some of the unix image utilities should, or, your faxsoftware will have
this capability. Most multipage tiffs are faxes. Did you try GIMP?
Gimp only opens the first page, or I am ignorant on how to view other
pages.  I have no faxsoftware.  Hmmmm.  Will have to look into that.

I seem to remember that if you look in "layers, channels & paths" the other pages are there as layers. But maybe I'm wrong. What does work reliably for faxes is Kfax. But if you are using gnome it might not...

HTH

Kfax does indeed work for me!! I run XFce4 and mix and match gnome (love gedit) and kde (love k3b). I will try the other methodes listed in this threads also. Thanks Richard!

--
Damon L. Chesser
dchesser@bigfoot.com