Re: EXT3 at install..no more?

At 2004-01-17T02:38:32Z, Joseph Guida MD <coyotesx5@netscape.net> writes:

> Sometimes I think that "open source" geeks intentionally complicate things
> to keep the borderline geeks (like me) from experimenting with and
> learning about O/Ses like Debian.

Uh-huh.

> The install menus USED TO ALLOW A CHOICE BETWEEN EXT2 and EXT3...before
> you loaded up the HD with the O/S.

I can't speak for that, but you realize, of course, that ext3 is ext2 plus a
journal, right?  In otherwords, that it's essentially the exact same
filesystem?

> Now, you have to modify the EXT2 after the fact, running the risk of
> screwing up the partitions...

"tune2fs -j /dev/hda1".  Has that *ever* screwed up anyone's system?

> thanks guys....some pimple faced hacker probably did this as a form of
> geek-like "ethnic cleansing"...

Lighten up, Francis.  If you think you can do better, feel free.

> well it worked...I'm going back to RedHat.  And I really liked tinkering
> with Debian too...kept me thinking...so sad....  Coyotesx5 Scottsdale, AZ

Don't let the door hit you.

You know, we're a pretty nice group of people, but your rant was complete
unnecessary and not likely to get you much sympathy.  Frankly, if you're
going to act like that without reasonable grounds, we don't need you.
--
Kirk Strauser
In Googlis non est, ergo non est.