Re: 2.6.0 + ALSA sound quality

On Fri, 2004-01-16 at 21:29, Bjorn Johansson wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I've recently compiled a 2.6.0 kernel with ALSA built in.
> But the sound doesn't sound to good, in fact, the sound
> sounds worse than OSS! So how do I fix the problem?
> It's like a clipping sound, the OSS emulation works
> great, though.

I use alsa for for playing cds and oggs and I found that if I have the
volume up too high on xmms it will clip, try reducing the volume of the
preceeding source.

rgh

--
"It is possible to make things of great complexity out of things
 that are very simple. There is no conservation of simplicity"

Richard Heycock <rgh@roughage.com.au>
tel : 0410 646 369
key fingerprint : 909D CBFA C669 AC2F A937 AFA4 661B 9D21 EAAB 4291