2.6.0 + ALSA sound quality

Hello!

I've recently compiled a 2.6.0 kernel with ALSA built in.
But the sound doesn't sound to good, in fact, the sound
sounds worse than OSS! So how do I fix the problem?
It's like a clipping sound, the OSS emulation works
great, though.

When it comes to the soundserver: jack. The programs
don't use it, so I assume that esd and artsdsp is the
soundservers which I'm currently using, mostly artsdsp.
I also downloaded the new sources from the Alsa homepage,
but in the process of compilation, it complains about that
Alsa0.9 is not installed, so instead of trying this approach
I might be better off compiling a new kernel instead.

Is there anyone here on this list which have a working ALSA
system with great sound(with the 2.6.0 kernel)? Do I need to
patch my current 2.6.0 kernel with something?

Björn Johansson
(Not a member of this list)