Re: default terminal application in KDE

On (15/01/04 08:39), Andreas Janssen wrote:
> Josh Robinson (<jmr59@hermes.cam.ac.uk>) wrote:
>
> > apologies if this is an absolutely inane question: when i execute a
> > command (e.g. after pressing alt + F2) and elect to 'run in terminal',
> > it always chooses to use uxterm. is there any way of telling my box to
> > use Konsole instead, which (a) looks much nicer and (b) makes copying
> > and pasting easier.
>
> Try kcontrol > KDE components > Component chooser

Thanks Andreas - I love this list ;)

Since upgrading from woody to sid, mutt always starts up in an xterm
which seems to lack much of the functionality of Konsole.  I spent
sometime trying to configure xterm to do what Konsole does but gave up.
Until now I've just started mutt manually from Konsole.

But eureka! your post means I can use the mutt icon on the panel and it
will load on start-up.  These little things mean so much .... hehe!

Regards

Clive

--
http://www.clivemenzies.co.uk