Very slow mount over NFS?

Good day, Debs,

I am experiencing a very peculiar delay while mounting NFS volumes on my
OS X box. Now, I realize that this isn't really the place for OS X
questions, but I wonder if anyone has experience with debugging a mount
procedure?

I have tried -v but it doesn't tell me ANYTHING while it hangs there for
easily five minutes trying to mount. I have checked the OS X "console,"
which I believe is just another name for "syslog" that Apple decided
would be more appropriate (read: confusing), and there are no messages
about nfs at all.

I remember that mounting shares on the OS X box used to be fast, but I'm
not sure what changed. It's equally slow mounting Samba shares.

How can I get even more information about what it's actually doing while
it's hanging there? I don't know if it's a strange networking/resolution
problem, or a specific issue with the mount program itself.

Thanks in advance.

--
Aaron Bieber
-