Re: Differences in RH Fedora coming from Debian

On Thu, 2004-01-15 at 05:24, Richard Lyons wrote:
--snip--
> But Fedora must be less unpleasant than a slap round the face with a wet
> fish.  Why not take it as a learning exercise and install it on your
> laptop for the duration of the course?  You're sure to learn more that
> way.  Then you can swap back to Debian afterwards (and probably learn
> something extra doing that too).

I use my laptop for both work and school, so any major changes (i.e. OS
changes) are out of the question. If I had the drive space I'd just
create a seperate partition to use Fedora on, but unfortunately I don't.
And I hope I didn't come across as too negative towards RH in my earlier
message. My comment about what's 'sickening' was in regards to the
university's lack of understanding of free software and the Linux world
in general, not a jab at RH.
--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837