[OT] update static html site over ftp (rsync like ftp syncing)

I'm helping my girlfriend updating her website. It's static HTML and
pictures and the only way to update it is over ftp.

So far I've been using gFtp. I can either upload the site file by
file or upload all files in one go.

When I've changed some 30 files none of thees options are really
good. I'm looking for a smarter ftp client that checks the md5sum (or
something) of the files on both ends and only upload files that have
changed since the last upload. I guess that the FTP protocol doesn't
support this natively but it could be done by adding an md5sum file
for every file on the site, preferably with the sum in the filename.

I'm sure someone has already written a script for this.

alex

--
Alex Polite
http://plusseven.com/whoami