Re: 2.4 won't recognize my keyboard?

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Forest Fisher wrote:

> I'm trying to install Debian on my new laptop and I want to install
> the 2.4 kernel so I can use reiserfs.    I'm installing from cd's that
> I ordered from debian.org for woody 3.0r2, i386 architecture.  The
> problem is that the 2.4 kernel doesn't seem to recognize my keyboard
> but the 2.2 kernel does.  My laptop's model is hp pavillion ze4560us
> and the product spefication says only that the keyboard is a standard
> keyboard with 88 keys.  Any thoughts on why the 2.4 kernel won't
> recognize my keyboard if the 2.2 kernel will/ways around this problem?

First, please wrap your lines.

Second, remember to do an `apt-get update && dist-upgrade` when you are
done setting things up.

As for your immediate question, try using either an external PS/2
keyboard or USB keyboard for the setup.

Dunno why you 2.4 wouldn't see the default keyboard -- sounds likes its
a configuration problem or a kernel problem.  Google for ``pavillion
keyboard 2.4'' in google groups, you should get a few hits.

~ Jesse Meyer

--
 "Even the samurai
  have teddy bears,                                               icq: 34583382