apt-get install zope fails

Hi, all,

I've tried to install zope in my woody box and got the following:

Setting up zope (2.6.2-6) ...
update-alternatives: unknown option `--list'

Debian update-alternatives 1.9.21.
Copyright (C) 1995 Ian Jackson.
Copyright (C) 2000,2001,2002 Wichert Akkerman
This is free software; see the GNU General Public Licence
version 2 or later for copying conditions.  There is NO warranty.

Usage: update-alternatives --install [--slave ] ... update-alternatives --remove update-alternatives --auto update-alternatives --display update-alternatives --config is the name in /etc/alternatives.
is the name referred to.
is the link pointing to /etc/alternatives/.
is an integer; options with higher numbers are chosen.

--altdir --admindir update-alternatives: unknown option `--list'

Debian update-alternatives 1.9.21.
Copyright (C) 1995 Ian Jackson.
Copyright (C) 2000,2001,2002 Wichert Akkerman
This is free software; see the GNU General Public Licence
version 2 or later for copying conditions.  There is NO warranty.

Usage: update-alternatives --install [--slave ] ... update-alternatives --remove update-alternatives --auto update-alternatives --display update-alternatives --config is the name in /etc/alternatives.
is the name referred to.
is the link pointing to /etc/alternatives/.
is an integer; options with higher numbers are chosen.

--altdir --admindir ...

The install then hangs for a while, and proceeds. At the end, however, zope fails to start:

Starting Zope instance default...
failed: missing required path(/var/lib/zope/instance/default/access)
Waiting instances in late: done.
default: start: missing required path(/var/lib/zope/instance/default/access)

Looks like old update-alternatives version. What do you think? If so, which package should I update?

Thanks a lot,
Joao