Re: single desktop per user with vncserver through inetd

Mike Fedyk wrote:
Is there a way to do this with one port and inetd, or will I have to use
several ports, and tell my users which port is theirs (and start desktops
for 50 users from init.d).

I don't think there is. This sounds more the domain of... Crap, can't remember the name. It's an X protocol where a local X server sends a request to the remote side to start a session. XCPDM? No, that's not it. Of course that only works if the users are local. X over the general internet is a bad thing, m'kay.