Re: dma timeout

On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 10:16:02PM +0900, Akira Kitada <aktdjp@ybb.ne.jp> wrote:
> (please tell me if you feel
> this mail focus on off-topic subject.
> and, if possible, appropriate place, too)
Well, this is a good place I think even if a little off-topic.

> I can use new hdd, Deskstar, with dma33 mode,
> so I'm sure my cable and motherboard is fine.
 I don't know what's the reason, but at my workplace, I got a new
machine. Everything seems to be ok, only rarely the dvd rom on the
second ide cable disappear under win2k (it says I have removed it?).
Also, sometimes I take my home hdd (which works ok here) to my
workplace, and attach it instead of the dvd rom. Mostly I get the same
errors you described. Sometime if I change the end of the cable, then it
works, and occassionaly it boots ok anyway. I think it can be bios (very
stupid one)/cable. Also my motherboard a bit strange, the first ide is
ATA100, and the second is not!

So try to exchange ide cables if you can do it.
Hope this helps,
GCS