Logrotate prerotate

Hi there!

I´m using awstats to generate visitors statistics to some websites I have in a Linux server (Debian Woody). Every night it generates reports without any problem:

crontab -l
00 00 * * * /etc/awstats/genera_stats

As log files were growing too much, I configured logrotate to rotate them weekly. As I didn´t want to loose any information, I configured it so the report was generated previously (prerotate - endscript):

/etc/logrotate.d/webs

/home/*/logs/*.log {
weekly
prerotate
	/etc/awstats/genera_stats
endscript
missingok
rotate 52
compress
delaycompress
notifempty
create
}

Rotation is done fine, but it DOESN´T run genera_stats before ... ??

I have reported to the Spanish Debian users list and there is a number of people in the same situation ...

Thanks for your help. Regards,
--
_____________________________
Sergio Ruiz Pérez