Re: using cd roms with dselect

On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 01:08:36AM -0000, Jim Higson wrote:

> Yeah. Upthread (but snipped) I mentioned using apt-cdrom with -d. Problem
> is disc name but not mount point is stored in sources.list so when I
> apt-get install it still wants to use /cdrom/

I'm wondering:

Could you copy the 7 CD's onto a partition - and mount it as a
 regular directory, of course - and using some of the
debian utilities - I've not done it, but I think it could be done, then
create a debian repository of that partition?  You'd list it as
"deb file://<etc>" in your sources list.