using cd roms with dselect

While I wait for my new router, I'm using the official binary CD-rom images, I installed with woody cds 1 and 2, but now have the whole set. I have not burned them, they are on the local drive and mounted.

In dselect menu I choose Access and then cdrom, dselect lists the 7 mounted isos correctly, and when I choose one of them I am asked for the directory with the packages.

If I accept the default, debian/dists/stable/, I get "does not contain any *.deb packages. Hmpf", which is true - browsing through the cd I see the .deb files are all in pool/

If I enter debian/pool/ I get the message /debian/pool/binary-i386 does not exist, which I suppose is also correct.

How do I get dselect to see the packages in the cdrom images?

--
Jim