Re: building ati radeon driver on linux2.6 - version.h not found

hanasaki wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Trying to get the ATI radeon driver build for an ATI 9000 board.
> Debian Sarge with kernel 2.6.x
>
> good - download the ati rpm
> good - convert with alien to deb
> good - install the deb
> fail - compile the kernel module
> the error is below - there is no "version.h"
> under the linux subdirectory of include

Hi,
had the same problem when I installed ATI drivers for my Radeon 9800 with my
Debian Sarge 2.4.22-bf2.4 kernel, and I tried to copy the version.h from
usr/include/linux to /usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.22/include/linux, and
voila: for me it worked...

BTW, I have ATI drivers 3.2.8-2 (including forRadeon 9000) packaged for
Debian, and a kind of a how-to for it, and could send via email if you
want. But the package I have needs XFree 4.3.0. (and that was MY problem :
to update from 4.2 as in sarge to 4.3 !)

hopt to help,
Axel