Re:Connecting ADSL

I tried all this with much frustration. Best to forget all the "kuntzn". If
the ethernet is set up and you can ping the modem and the "network", a
provider file like this worked for me, suggested by list members:

# These are the options to dial out to your default service provider.
# Please customize them correctly. Only the "provider" file will be
# handled by poff and pon (unless with extra command line arguments).

# The chat script (be sure to edit that file, too!)
connect "/usr/sbin/chat -v -f /etc/chatscripts/provider"

# Set up routing to go through this PPP link
defaultroute

# Keep modem up even if connection fails
persist
maxfail 25
# Optional, suggested to cure a dropout problem:
holdoff 30

# use pptp as connection manager enter your IP
pty "pptp 10.0.0.138"
user "YourLogin"

Make sure that your login and password are in the chap secrets file.