Re: Installation: input device lock on first graphic screen

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 12:38:04 +0800,
Uwe Dippel <udippel@uniten.edu.my> wrote in message
<[🔎] pan.2004.01.10.04.38.02.458171@uniten.edu.my>:

> On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 12:45:46 +0900, Charles Muller wrote:
>
> > I have one more question on the Mepis/Knoppix comparison, which I'm
> > wondering if someone might be able to answer:
> >
> > One of the things I like best about Mepis is its excellent handling
> > of video cards and display resolution settings--something that I
> > always have had trouble with on standard Debian installations. How
> > good is Knoppix at getting high resolutions, for example 1280 and
> > above?
>
> A general answer is impossible. So I can only add two sen (.my) here:
> I did install that KNOPPIX onto a DELL Inspiron 8100 with a GeForce2
> Go and a 1600x1200 TFT-Display. KNOPPIX bootet VESA, but by simply
> changing the driver to nv in XF86Config-4  I got 1600x1200 without
> further ado.

..a wee trick I use on my old _fried_ Sony GDM-2038:
vga=795 screen=1600x1200 vsync=59.  That is what it needs to
start syncing 1/3'rd off to the left side.  No, it wont sync _anything_
else that I'm aware of.  And, leaving out vga=795 or vsync=59,
means you get some blurry light.  I did say _fried_.  ;-)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: