Re: Installation: input device lock on first graphic screen

Uwe Dippel wrote:

> On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 10:23:50 +0900, Charles Muller wrote:
>
> > After my experience with MEPIS, I was kind of curious about the
> > relationship between Knoppix and MEPIS from this respect. With MEPIS
> > they clearly state that the kernel is altered, and one shouldn't use
> > apt-get upgrade, dist-upgrade, etc. But apparently Knoppix is built in a
> > different way and doesn't present the same kind of problem? If this is
> > the case, I think I'm going to give it a shot.
>
> Shoot. I'm writing from a very stable Testing-ex-Knoppix3.3-24-09-03; with
> updated sources.list, apt-get update and apt-get dist-upgrade. If this is
> what you're asking.

Yes, that's it.

I have one more question on the Mepis/Knoppix comparison, which I'm
wondering if someone might be able to answer:

One of the things I like best about Mepis is its excellent handling of
video cards and display resolution settings--something that I always
have had trouble with on standard Debian installations. How good is
Knoppix at getting high resolutions, for example 1280 and above?

Chuck

Charles Muller

Toyo Gakuen University
Faculty of Humanities