Re: non-US

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 14:17:13 +0000,
Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> wrote in message
<[🔎] 20040110141713.GA27778@riva.ucam.org>:

> On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 12:28:57PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 07:08:16AM -0500, linux@austrialpinusa.com
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > What do you mean exactly when you say that it is a "graveyard
> > > anyway"? From what I read it is the "recommended-more secure
> > > version". Isn`t it?
> >
> > Since before the release of woody, DFSG-free cryptographic software
> > has been legal to distribute from the main archive in the US, so
> > most packages that used to be in non-US have migrated there. The
> > only ones left are those in contrib or non-free, those with
> > unresolved licensing problems, those whose maintainers haven't been
> > paying attention, or both.
>
> Just to expand on that, there are currently a grand total of 19
> packages(18 source packages) left in non-US. Chances are you won't
> miss it.

..uh, ok, what am I doing wrong here then?
client.box # du -sh /var/www/debia*
8.3G    /var/www/debian
119M    /var/www/debian-non-US
client.box # apt-cache search non-US
apg - Automated Password Generator - Standalone version
althea - IMAP email client for GTK+
nstreams - network streams - a tcpdump output analyzer
powstatd - Configurable UPS monitoring daemon
gs-aladdin - Postscript interpreter with X11 and svgalib preview
support.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: