Re: Ack. Help.

Nope. No go.

A little more information might help, so here goes. It's a custom built 2.4.21
kernel, with ext3 support built in. Nothing has changed OS wise (AFAIK) that
would cause this problem.

Just before trying to launch into fsck in the bootup sequence, it gives:
EXT3-fs: invalid journal inode.

When I try to fsck the drive manually, it immediately gives the illegal block
number error.

Maybe it's time for a rebuild anyway...
-Matt