Re: Midnight Commander: A full desktop, or application

Kent West wrote:

Charles Muller wrote:

A recent post to the list recommended Midnight Commander

What's the address of "their site"? I'm curious to see what you saw.

http://www.ibiblio.org/mc/

mc (Midnight Commander) is a text-based file manager; as such, it certainly would not replace a gui desktop environment such as Gnome. A gui version of mc is gmc (Gnome Midnight Commander), but again, it's just a file manager, not a replacement for window manager/tools/etc.

Thanks. This definitely looks useful. I'm going to download it now.

Chuck

--

Charles Muller

Toyo Gakuen University