Re: C compiler logs and history

On 2004-01-08 03:13:13 +0100, Florian Ernst wrote:
> How about redirecting the output of your gcc invocation like
> $ gcc ... > stdout.log 2> stderr.log (see man bash -> REDIRECTION)
> or compiling inside a script session (see man script) and using grep
> and friends on the logs thereafter.

Yes, but I was asking for such code (which *must* work transparently
from make, of course, must never break, must be fault-tolerant and so
on). I don't want to rewrite something that may already exist.

FYI, I've currently written some code that colorizes the output of
commands like make (something more generic than makefilter[*], that
can also behave as a tee). But managing logs history in a smart way
would be much more difficult.

[*] http://www.vinc17.org/unix/#makefilter

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated (X)HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International