Re: C compiler logs and history

Hello Vincent!

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 03:40:30PM +0100, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
Does anyone know if there exists a C compiler (gcc) wrapper (or a
similar tool) that would provide logs and history on warnings? For
instance, I would like to know information such as when a warning
appeared for the first time, when new warnings appeared and things
like that.

How about redirecting the output of your gcc invocation like
$ gcc ... > stdout.log 2> stderr.log (see man bash -> REDIRECTION)
or compiling inside a script session (see man script) and using grep
and friends on the logs thereafter.

But I guess I'm merely stating the obvious...

Cheers,
Flo