Re: network configuration problem

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 03:30:28 +0530, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:

> hi all,
> i'm a newbie to Debian. I just shifted from RedHat. I've got two lan cards on my debian system. one connected to the internet and the other to my local lan.
> i'm not able to ping my ISP DNS server from my debian machine.

Also coming from RedHat, this doesn't look like a Debian problem, but
rather like a settings problem. Eventually including route.
Does your ISP actually set you on a private network ? Plus the strange
10.0.0.1 for your Internal Network with a gateway being your outside IP.
Here I'd rather expect no gateway, but a route ... .

Anyway, difficult to say, because we cannot guess the correct settings !