Re: Re: Mount failed: Invalid argument

On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 12:31, Douglas Dreistadt wrote:

> to be a Catch 22. I can't do anything else until I
> mount the root filesystem. It won't let me mount
> hda3 as the root because of an invalid argument.

I don't know what installer you're using, and I don't know the amount of
expertise on your side...

Try #1: open another virtual terminal (Alt-F2) and try to mount your
drive from there, manually. Quite likely you'll get a more detailed
error message.

Try #2: use a completely different installer. Look here:
http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Debian/installers.html

cu,
Schnobs