Re: Re: Mount failed: Invalid argument

I  re-created my partitions. Now hda1 is 30mb and
set as bootable, hda2 is 1gb and is activated as
the swap drive, and hda3 is about 78gb. I
initialized hda1 and hda3 as "Linux native". After
initializing hda1, the installation program said I
must mount the root filesystem before continuing,
but since the root is supposed to go in hda3, I
had to initialize hda3 before mounting, so I
initialized hda3. Then the installation program
comes back with:

You must mount your root filesystem ("/") before
you can mount any other file systems. Would you
like to mount /dev/hda3 as the root filesystem?

I answered "Yes"

The system came back with: "Mount failed: invalid
argument"

So I'm still stuck in the same place. This seems
to be a Catch 22. I can't do anything else until I
mount the root filesystem. It won't let me mount
hda3 as the root because of an invalid argument.
Yet no other argument is possible because there is
no command line. How do I get around this? There
must be a way ...

Doug