Re: Knoppix HD Install Question - Partitioning and Whatnot

Hello 'Scarletdown'!

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 01:25:53PM -0800, Scarletdown wrote:
[...]
After the install is done, what would be the best way to get /home formatted and mounted properly? I simply want it mounted as /home, but I am guessing that there will be some conflicts as /home would already be "pointing" to /home on /

In a nutshell:

- logout all users
- make a filesystem on /dev/hda2
- mount it on a temporary mountpoint
- copy / move the files over
- edit /etc/fstab as appropriate
- remount /dev/hda2 to /home

For details see the Hard Disk Upgrade Mini How-To at
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Hard-Disk-Upgrade/index.html

HTH,
Flo

I know that this should be a fairly simple task, but the procedure is escaping me at the moment; and I am hoping to have an answer here by the time the initial install is done (it's at 77% right now, and will probably be finished within about 10 to 15 minutes.)

Oh, err, sorry, I think ;)