Re: www.gnu.org, glibcbug, bug@gnu.org, dpkg-reconfigure locales

Incoming from Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete Dutra:
> Em Qua, 2004-01-07 às 05:25, s. keeling escreveu:
> > What a strange loop I've landed in.  I started out trying to make
> > en_CA locale work.  "dpkg-reconfigure locales" everybody said, but
> > that didn't do it.  Once I edited /etc/locale.gen and
> > /etc/locale.alias, then ran locale-gen, it was finally fixed.
>
> 	Actually what you did is kinda equivalent to apt-get install
> localeconf, so no need to report bugs.

Well, no.  I tried to use en_CA (actually, maybe en_CA.ISO-8859-1,
which may have been the problem all along).  I used dpkg-reconfigure
locale and selected (among others) en_CA.  Upon logging back in, I
found perl b*tch*ng about my locale and falling back to C.

> 	Perhaps consequence of the savannah compromise?

Didn't even know savannah existed 'til yesterday.  :-)

> 	Anyway you wouldn't report a Debian bug to the GNU Project...

I've since tried same with reportbug successfully.

> 	Actually, since this is an *old* version, you'd be better upgrading to
> at least testing if you *really* want to check if that's a bug first.

Then shouldn't glibcbug and reportbug be removed from stable?

- -