Re: mp3 file cutter

LeVA wrote:
2004. január 07. 00:26 dátummal Hugo Vanwoerkom ezt írta:

LeVA wrote:

http://www.mp3dev.org/mp3/

or

deb http://marillat.free.fr/ unstable main

in your sources list.

I don't understand... What could I do with. It can not cut mp3 files according to cue files.

Hugo.

So the mp3 cutter as you call it, or in any case one of them, is called Lame. You can get Lame in at least 2 ways: downloading the source from its homepage, which I indicated:

http://www.mp3dev.org/mp3/

or using a backport, which I also indicated: you put:

deb http://marillat.free.fr/ unstable main

into your /etc/sources.list

But you must adjust that entry (i.e. "unstable") depending on the Debian version you have installed and you did not say.

If you use the second way it is a matter of making the entry, doing an ap-get update and apt-get install lame.

If you use the first way you download the tarball and do ./configure, make and make install from the dir. where you installed it. Which gives you a Lame that Debian knows nothing about.

Hugo.