Re: ISO9660 file naming (limits)

Incoming from Derrick 'dman' Hudson:
> On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 09:32:21PM -0700, Paul E Condon wrote:
> |
> | Why don't you avoid problem by using tar on reasonably sized chunks of
> | the file tree, and name the tar files concisely?
>
> I'd rather not have a cd full of tar files since I'm not cramped for
> space.  It is much more convenient to be able to put the cd in and

Even if you have lots of disk, you may be cramped for getting all your
data onto a CD.  Then, if you've compressed your data into an archive
and burned the archive to CD, you can get individual files/dirs out of
the archive by just naming them:

  cd /lots_of_space
  tar xzf /cdrom/tararchive.tgz what_you_want_to_get_back

- -