Re: Warning .... ext3 mounted as ext2

On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 12:59:34 +0200, David Baron wrote:

> (I can always redo the knoppix hd-install which shouldwork with ext3 but
> this is starting from scratch. Knoppix CD boot will, presumably let me burn
> CDs (main reason I started with it) so I could save certain files, maybe
> even the desktop and kmail stuff but I really do not want to start from
> scratch.)

Try the grub boot floppy. Described further down in this archive. It boots
to almost anything you can possibly boot to. Except your old kernel is
deleted and the new one (?) and its initrd faulty.

Create it, (see the archive), boot, issue a

root (hd0,  <tab>

select the correct root partition

kernel /vml <tab>, resp.
kernel /boot/vml  <tab>

select the kernel you want to boot to, add something like

ro root=/dev/hda6 >Enter>

initrd /ini  <tab>, resp.
initrd /boot/ini <tab>

select the newly created (or old) initrd

boot <Enter>

HTH