Re: NFS fails on standard Woody

On Sunday 04 January 2004 15:20, Kevin Boergens wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I installed Debian Woody rc1 on a small server, just with the nfs,
> samba and a bit more (without XFree).
>
> I ran into a problem, googled for it and found an unresolved question
> posted two years ago, describing my problem in detail, so I will post
> it again.
>
> ###########
>
> > Hi everybody!
> >
> > I'm having a bit of trouble with NFS exports in a standard
> > Woody-dist. with the standard CD-image kernel named 2.2.20-idepci.
> > I'm trying to export the directory ns1.knorca.se:/test (rwxrwxrwx)
> > with the owner nobody.nogroup to the computer ns1 (that is export
> > the directory to the computer who "owns" it) with read/write
> > access. My exports-file looks like this on the computer "ns1":
> >
> > /test ns1(rw)
> >
> > When booting the ns1-computer I get this message:
> >
> > [cut]
> > Exporting directories for NFS kernel daemon...ns1.knorca.se:/test:
> > Function not implemented.
> > done.
> > [cut]
> >
> > and this in syslog
> >
> > nfsd[214]: nfssvc: Function not implemented
> >
> > Trying to mount the exported directory results in the following
> > message:
> >
> > mount: ns1:/test failed, reason given by server: Permission denied

You are describing exactly what I asked about in a thread "nfs setup on
woody" yesterday.  Following that, I discovered that these modules are
not loaded: nfs, lockd, sunrpc, and it seems the kernel is not compiled
with nfs support.  To see if you are in the same boat do rpcinfo -p on
the server and see if nfs and nlockmgr are listed.  Check which kernel
you have with uname -r (mine turns out to be 2.2.20-idepci) and use
lsmod and modprobe to see whether the modules are there.  What you
should do next I don't know, but someone here probably does.

HTH

--
richard