Re: Re: Using RAID chipsets in the motherboard.

Am Fre, 2004-01-02 um 19.25 schrieb Ramasubramanian Ramesh:
> Matthias,
>
>    Thanks a lot for your reply. This is very comprehensive and to the point.
>    Thank you again. You made my day.

Im glad you found my post informative.

>    I believe in time, the VIA solution will appear.Until then I will use SATA.
>
>    It is my understanding that a PATA IDE drive can be connected
>    to SATA adapter with some cable mod or
>    some thing like that. Am I correct?

I don't think so. SATA is very different from PATA. It's similar to
SCSI, hence the use of the SCSI subsystem in Linux. A simple cablemod
won't work.

--

Matthias Hentges
Cologne / Germany

[www.hentges.net] -> PGP welcome, HTML tolerated
ICQ: 97 26 97 4   -> No files, no URL's

My OS: Debian Woody. Geek by Nature, Linux by Choice