Re: Re: Using RAID chipsets in the motherboard.

Matthias,

  Thanks a lot for your reply. This is very comprehensive and to the point. Thank you again. You made my day.
I believe in time, the VIA solution will appear.Until then I will use SATA. It is my understanding that a PATA IDE drive can be connected to SATA adapter with some cable mod or some thing like that. Am I correct? If so can I connect a standard IDE device to SATA and still use kernel 2.6.test9?

Thanks and Regards
Ramesh