solution: debootstrap exited with an error (return value 1)

Dear All,

I just want to share the way I found to solve the error:
-->Base Installation Error
-->debootstrap exited with an error (return value 1)

My problem was a little bit similar to this:
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2002/debian-user-200210/msg04076.html>

I found that I need to format (Initialize) my "/boot" partition to
overcome the problem. Initially, I formatted my other partitions:
-- /
-- /usr
-- /home
and not /boot, b'coz I thought it might be useful to keep the /boot
partition. Now I realise I need to format "/boot" as well.

I use:
--LordSutch.com ISOLINUX mini-ISO image
   <http://www.phy.olemiss.edu/debian-cd/> or
   <http://debian.planetmirror.com/pub/debian-minicd/woody/>
--on i386 (AMD K7)

Is it helpful to post something like this?

andrew