Re: 56K Modems

On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 07:08:38PM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 02:13:12PM -0600, Jacob S. wrote:
> > That's an interesting thought. Any recommendations for a good online
> > store selling external modems in the UK?
>
> I wouldn't bother.  The US dollar is super-weak right now, so a 25
> pound modem is going to be more like $60, plus add $30 for overseas
> shipping and whatever customs duties there might be.

Hmm, wonder if that's why they've got so cheap over here...

But, if you have any UK relatives who owe you a Christmas present :-) you
could point them at

  http://www.dabs.com/uk/productView.htm?quicklinx=14XF

external serial modem, Intel chipset, 18 pounds. I think as an overseas
customer you wouldn't have to pay VAT, which brings it down to 15.31.

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons