Re: How to easily input special characters? (encoded in UTF-8)

On (03/01/04 06:53), Paul Morgan wrote:
> On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 16:05:56 +0800, Hongzheng Wang wrote:
>
> >    Now I have to use openoffice to input them, but, you know, the
> > opening process of openoffice is so slow. Is there another easier method
> > to input them?
> >    Thank you very much.
> With regard to OpenOffice starting slowly:  there are "quickstarter"
> applets for both Gnome and KDE:  packages ooqstart-gnome and oooqs-kde.  I
> use the Gnome one.  You need to install it and then activate it.  It
> dramatically speeds up OO loading;  however, closing OO is a little
> slower.
Thanks Paul

Since my latest install of OOo on sid, I've had to launch it from the
command line, the KAppfinder wouldn't seem to pick it up.  I've just
installed oooqs-kde and I've now got it in my panel ;)

Regards

Clive
--
http://www.clivemenzies.co.uk