Re: usb pendrive strangness

Edward Murrell wrote:

On Fri, 2004-01-02 at 06:48, Damon L. Chesser wrote:
Snip

Given that I just woke up, I may be difficult to understand... :)

snip

Regards
Edward

Edward,
Thank you for responding.

#usbfs /proc/bus/usb usbfs rw,devmode=0660,devgid=432 0 0 #none /proc/bus/usb usbfs defaults 0 0
proc    /proc  proc  defaults  0 0

I have tried these lines in fstab, with the final line working. I had to change sdb1 to sda1 and sda to sdb (usbdrive and usbpendrive, respectivly) in order to get them to work. The last line "proc /proc proc defults 0 0" is what my stright deb. box had. None of these lines got rid of the "-/proc/bus/input/devices missing" boot message (I changed the entry then rebooted, since I don't know how to umount /proc and remount). I can fathom out that this error message is "Related" to the usb drive problem but not the cause of it, since I have a /proc/bus/usb dir. I have no idea what the first fstab proc is trying to do, or why the 2nd one did not work, or, indeed, why the third one works, but only if I change my fstab drive entries for the devices to different designations. I guess this is why Linus dislikes this method for handeling usb?

Thanks for the pointers.

--
Damon L. Chesser
dchesser@bigfoot.com