USB 2 Sony Microvault Problems

Nothing heard before, I will try again.

I have a USB 2 Sony Microvault 256Meg pen drive.
I am running SID.
The pen drive is recognized as a hub and mass storage device and listed
as sda1 sda2 sda3 sda4.
The devices are listed properly in usbview.

But, I cannot mount it.  I have gone through mount -t vfat  /dev/sdax
/usbstcik for all four and get error of "wrong fs type, bad option, bad
superblock on /dev/sdax or too many mounted file systems"

Trying fdisk results in an error  "unable to read /dev/sdax"

Anyone using this particular pen drive successfully?  Any suggestions?
I am using a Memorex pen drive without difficulty on same machine.
What is frustrating is the device is recognized so there must be a way
to make it work and, of course, it works under Windows so the device is
OK.

TIA

Ed Lawson