Re: Problems with apt-get update

On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 02:32:49PM -0600, Joseph A. Nagy, Jr. said
> W: GPG error: http://http.us.debian.org stable Release: The following
> signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available:
> NO_PUBKEY B629A24C38C6029A
> W: GPG error: http://non-us.debian.org stable/non-US Release: The
> following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not
> available: NO_PUBKEY B629A24C38C6029A
> W: GPG error: http://non-us.debian.org testing/non-US Release: The
> following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not
> available: NO_PUBKEY B629A24C38C6029A
> W: GPG error: http://non-us.debian.org unstable/non-US Release: The
> following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not
> available: NO_PUBKEY B629A24C38C6029A
> W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
>
> What's going on here? I can't do anything (at least not without
> commenting out those sources) with apt-get because of this problem.

You're using apt from EXPERIMENTAL.  That required a deliberate and
concious decision, accepting that it was not even ready for unstable,
and would quite posibly have serious problems.  You need to go read the
recent thread on debian-devel about this new version of apt, where
you'll find out that non-US is signed with an old, revoked key.  Remove
the non-US lines from your sources.list and try again.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> | mlspam@ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:    ANDVT Cocaine bullion defense information warfare Audiotel